Protecting Against Web Threats - Part II
- Protecting Against Web Threats - Part I
- Protecting Against Web Threats - Part II
Enable your protection against web threats
- On the main console, click the Settings button.
- Click Web Threats under Internet & Email Controls.
- Select Block potentially dangerous websites.
- Under Protection Strength, select Normal. This setting blocks websites that have characteristics associated with online fraud, or that show signs of transmitting viruses and spyware. This setting also blocks unrated sites that might pose a threat.
- Click OK.
Verify that your protection works
Open a web browser and go to http://cnhacker.com. A warning will block the website and announce that it poses a security risk.
Although recognized as a threat, this website actually poses no risk, so you can use it safely for testing purposes.
Learn how to protect yourself from web threats:
- Stop clicking links in email messages. Rather than clicking a link sent to you, type the website address into your web browser yourself.
- Beware of poorly-worded email messages that implore you to
check a commercial or financial account online.
You have finished this tutorial. Check out some others: