Protecting Against Viruses and Spyware - Part II
- Protecting Against Viruses and Spyware - Part I
- Protecting Against Viruses and Spyware - Part II
Enable your protection against viruses and spyware
- On the security software console window, click the Settings button.
- Click Viruses & Spyware.
- Mark the Scan for threats when opening, saving, or downloading files checkbox.
- Also mark the Display a warning upon finding viruses or spyware checkbox.
- Click OK. Warning messages will appear on
your desktop when necessary.
Verify that your protection works
Visit http://www.eicar.org/download/eicar.com.txt. Your security software will recognize this file as a virus and display a warning message that it handled the threat.
Although your security software recognizes this file as a virus, it actually poses no threat to your computer and can be used safely for testing purposes.
You have finished this tutorial. Check out some others: