Adding a Firewall Policy Exception
- Go to Agents > Firewall > Policies.
- Click Edit Exception Template.
- Click Add.
- Type a name for the policy exception.
- Select the type of application. You can select all applications,
or specify application path or registry keys.
Verify the name and full paths entered. Application exception does not support wildcards.
- Select the action OfficeScan will perform on network traffic (block or allow traffic that meets the exception criteria) and the traffic direction (inbound or outbound network traffic on the OfficeScan agent endpoint).
- Select the type of network protocol: TCP, UDP, ICMP, or ICMPv6.
- Specify ports on the OfficeScan agent endpoint on which to perform the action.
- Select OfficeScan agent endpoint
IP addresses to include in the exception. For example, if you chose
to deny all network traffic (inbound and outbound) and type the
IP address for a single endpoint on the network, then any OfficeScan agent that has this
exception in its policy will not be able to send or receive data
to or from that IP address.
All IP addresses: Includes all IP addresses
Single IP address: Type an IPv4 or IPv6 address, or a host name.
Range (for IPv4 or IPv6): Type an IPv4 or IPv6 address range.
Range (for IPv6): Type an IPv6 address prefix and length.
Subnet mask: Type an IPv4 address and its subnet mask.
- Click Save.