Managing Access to External Devices (Data Protection Not Activated)
- Go to Agents > Agent Management.
- In the agent tree, click the root domain icon () to include all agents or select specific domains or agents.
- Click Settings > Device Control Settings.
- Click the External Agents tab to configure settings for external agents or the Internal Agents tab to configure settings for internal agents.
- Select Enable Device Control.
Apply settings as follows:
If you are on the External Agents tab, you can apply settings to internal agents by selecting Apply all settings to internal agents.
If you are on the Internal Agents tab, you can apply settings to external agents by selecting Apply all settings to external agents.
A confirmation message appears. Allow some time for the deployment command to propagate to all agents.
- Choose to allow or block the AutoRun function (autorun.inf) on USB storage devices.
- Select a permission for each storage device.
- Configure advanced permissions and notifications if the permission for a storage device is any of the following: Modify, Read and execute, Read, or List device content only.
If you selected domain(s) or agent(s) in the agent
tree, click Save. If you clicked the root domain icon,
choose from the following options:
Apply to All Agents: Applies settings to all existing agents and to any new agent added to an existing/future domain. Future domains are domains not yet created at the time you configured the settings.
Apply to Future Domains Only: Applies settings only to agents added to future domains. This option will not apply settings to new agents added to an existing domain.