Restoring Quarantined Files
You can restore files that OfficeScan quarantined if you believe that the detection was inaccurate. The Central Quarantine Restore feature allows you to search for files in the quarantine directory and perform SHA1 verification checking to ensure that the files you want to restore have not been modified in any way.
- Go to Agents > Agent Management.
- In the agent tree, select a domain or select any agent.
Click Tasks > Central Quarantine Restore.
The Central Quarantine Restore Criteria screen appears.
- Type the name of the data you want to restore in the Infected file/object field.
- Optionally specify the time period, security threat name, and file path of the data.
The Central Quarantine Restore screen appears displaying the results of the search.
Select Add restored file to the domain-level exclusion
list to ensure that all OfficeScan agents in the domain(s) where the files are
restored add the file to the scan exclusion list.
This ensures that OfficeScan does not detect the file as a threat during future scans.
- Optionally type the SHA1 value of the file for verification purposes.
Select the files to restore from the list and click
To view the individual OfficeScan agents that restore the file, click the link in the Endpoints column.
Click Close in the confirmation dialog.
To verify that OfficeScan successfully restored the quarantined file, see Viewing Central Quarantine Restore Logs.