Denying Write Access to Files and Folders
Viruses/Malware can modify or delete files and folders on the host endpoints. During an outbreak, configure OfficeScan to prevent viruses/malware from modifying or deleting files and folders on OfficeScan agent endpoints.
OfficeScan does not support denying write access to mapped network drives.
- Go to Agents > Outbreak Prevention.
- In the agent tree, click the root domain icon () to include all agents or select specific domains or agents.
- Click Start Outbreak Prevention.
- Click Deny write access to files and folders.
- Type the directory path. When you finish typing the directory
path you want to protect, click Add.
Type the absolute path, not the virtual path, for the directory.
- Specify the files to protect in the protected directories. Select all files or files based on specific file extensions. For file extensions, to specify an extension that is not in the list, type it in the text box, and then click Add.
- To protect specific files, under Files to Protect, type the full file name and click Add.
The Outbreak Prevention Settings screen displays again.
Click Start Outbreak
The outbreak prevention measures you selected display in a new window.