Initiating Scan Now
Initiate Scan Now on computers that you suspect to be infected.
- Go to Agents > Agent Management.
- In the agent tree, click the root domain icon () to include all agents or select specific domains or agents.
- Click Tasks > Scan Now.
- To change the pre-configured Scan Now settings
before initiating the scan, click Settings.
The Scan Now Settings screen opens. See Scan Now for details.
- In the agent tree,
select the agents that
will perform scanning and then click Initiate Scan Now.
The server sends a notification to the agents.
- Check the notification status and see if there are agents that did not receive the notification.
- Click Select Unnotified Endpoints and then Initiate Scan
Now to immediately resend the notification to un-notified agents.
Example: Total number of agents: 50
Table 1. Un-notified Agent Scenarios
Agent Tree Selection
Notified Agents (after clicking "Initiate Scan Now")
None (all 50 agents automatically selected)
35 out of 50 agents
Manual selection (45 out of 50 agents selected)
40 out of 45 agents
5 agents + another 5 agents not included in the manual selection
- Click Stop Notification to prompt OfficeScan to stop notifying agents currently being notified. Agents already notified and in the process of scanning will ignore this command.
- For agents already in the process of scanning, click Stop Scan Now to notify them to stop scanning.