Configuring Cache Settings for Scans
- Go to Agents > Agent Management.
- In the agent tree, click the root domain icon () to include all agents or select specific domains or agents.
- Click Settings > Privileges and Other Settings.
- Click the Other Settings tab and go to the Cache Settings for Scans section.
- Configure settings for the digital signature cache.
- Select Enable the digital signature cache.
- In Build the cache every __ days, specify how often the agent builds the cache.
- Configure settings for the on-demand scan cache.
- Select Enable the on-demand scan cache.
- In Add the cache for safe files that are unchanged for __ days, specify the number of days a file must remain unchanged before it is cached.
- In The cache for each safe file expires
within __ days, specify the maximum number of days a
cache remains in the cache file.
To prevent all caches added during a scan from expiring on the same day, caches expire randomly within the maximum number of days you specified. For example, if 500 caches were added to the cache today and the maximum number of days you specified is 10, a fraction of the caches will expire the next day and the majority will expire on the succeeding days. On the 10th day, all caches that remain will expire.
If you selected domain(s) or agent(s) in the agent
tree, click Save. If you clicked the root domain icon,
choose from the following options:
Apply to All Agents: Applies settings to all existing agents and to any new agent added to an existing/future domain. Future domains are domains not yet created at the time you configured the settings.
Apply to Future Domains Only: Applies settings only to agents added to future domains. This option will not apply settings to new agents added to an existing domain.