Rolling Back the OfficeScan Agents
OfficeScan can only rollback OfficeScan agents to the same version of the server being restored. You cannot rollback OfficeScan agents to an older version than the server.
Ensure that you roll back OfficeScan agents before rolling back the OfficeScan server.
Ensure that OfficeScan agents cannot upgrade the agent program.
- On the OfficeScan XG web console, go to Agents > Agent Management.
- Select the OfficeScan agents to be rolled back.
- Click the Settings > Privileges and Other Settings > Other Settings tab.
- Enable the OfficeScan agents can update components but not upgrade the agent program or deploy hot fixes option.
- On the OfficeScan XG web console, go to Updates > Agents > Update Source.
- Select Customized Update Source.
On the Customized Update Source
List, click Add.
A new screen opens.
- Type the IP addresses of the OfficeScan agents to be rolled back.
Type the update source URL.
For example, type:
http://<IP address of the OfficeScan server>:<port>/OfficeScan/download/Rollback
- Click Save.
Click Notify All
When the OfficeScan agent to be rolled back updates from the update source, the OfficeScan agent is uninstalled and the previous OfficeScan agent version is installed.Tip:
Administrators can speed up the rollback process by initiating a Manual Update on OfficeScan agents. For details, see Updating OfficeScan Agents Manually.
After the previous OfficeScan agent version is installed, inform the user to
restart the endpoint.
After the rollback process is complete, the OfficeScan agent continues to report to the same OfficeScan server.Note:
After rolling back the OfficeScan agent, all components, including the Virus Pattern, also roll back to the previous version. If administrators do not roll back the OfficeScan server, the rolled-back OfficeScan agent cannot update components. Administrators must change the update source of the rolled-back OfficeScan agent to the standard update source to receive further component updates.