Configuring Location Settings
- Go to Agents > Endpoint Location.
- Choose whether location is based on Agent connection status or Gateway IP and MAC address.
If you choose Agent connection status, decide if you
want to use a reference server.
See Reference Servers for details.
If you did not specify a reference server, the OfficeScan agent checks the connection status with
the OfficeScan server when the
following events occur:
The OfficeScan agent switches from Independent mode to normal (online/offline) mode.
The OfficeScan agent switches from one scan method to another.
See Scan Method Types for details.
The OfficeScan agent detects an IP address change for the endpoint.
The OfficeScan agent restarts.
Server initiates connection verification.
See OfficeScan Agent Icons for details.
Web reputation location criteria changes while applying global settings.
Outbreak prevention policy is no longer enforced and pre-outbreak settings are restored.
- If you specified a reference server, the OfficeScan agent checks its connection status with the OfficeScan server first, and then with the reference server if connection to the OfficeScan server is unsuccessful. The OfficeScan agent checks the connection status every hour and when any of the above events occur.
- If you did not specify a reference server, the OfficeScan agent checks the connection status with the OfficeScan server when the following events occur:
If you choose Gateway IP and MAC address:
- Type the gateway IPv4/IPv6 address in the text box provided.
- Type the MAC address.
If you do not type a MAC address, OfficeScan will include all the MAC addresses belonging to the specified IP address.
- Repeat step a to step c until you have all the gateway IP addresses you want to add.
Use the Gateway Settings Importer tool to import a list of gateway
See Gateway Settings Importer for details.
- Click Save.