Importing or Exporting Custom Roles
- Go to Administration > Account Management > User Roles.
- To export custom roles to a .dat file:
- Select the roles and click Export.
- Save the.dat file. If you are managing another OfficeScan server, use the .dat file to import custom roles to that server.
Exporting roles can only be done between servers that have the same version.
- To export custom roles to a .csv file:
- Select the roles and click Export Role Settings.
- Save the .csv file. Use this file to check the information and permissions for the selected roles.
- If you have saved custom roles from a different OfficeScan server and want to import those roles into the current OfficeScan server, click
Import and locate the .dat file containing the custom
A role on the User Roles screen will be overwritten if you import a role with the same name.
Importing roles can only be done between servers that have the same version.
A role imported from another OfficeScan server:
Retains the permissions for menu items for servers/agents and menu items for managed domains.
Applies the default permissions for agent management menu items. On the other server, record the role’s permissions for agent management menu items and then re-apply them to the role that was imported.