Registering OfficeScan to Control Manager
After upgrading to OfficeScan XG or later from OfficeScan 10.6 SP3 or earlier, you must unregister the connection to the Control Manager server and re-register the connection if you want to use certificate authorization.
- Go to Administration > Settings > Control Manager.
- Specify the entity display name, which is the name of the OfficeScan server that
will display in Control Manager.
By default, entity display name includes the server computer's host name and this product's name (for example, Server01_OSCE).Note:
In Control Manager, OfficeScan servers and other products managed by Control Manager are referred to as "entities".
- Specify the Control Manager server
FQDN or IP address and the port number to use to connect to this server.
Optionally connect with increased security using HTTPS.
For a dual-stack OfficeScan server, type the Control Manager FQDN or IP address (IPv4 or IPv6, if available).
For a pure IPv4 OfficeScan server, type the Control Manager FQDN or IPv4 address.
For a pure IPv6 OfficeScan server, type the Control Manager FQDN or IPv6 address.
Beside Control Manager certificate, click
Browse... and select the certificate file downloaded
from the target Control Manager server.
To obtain the Control Manager certificate file, go to the Control Manager server and copy the certificate file to the OfficeScan server from the following location:
<Control Manager installation folder>\Certificate\CA\TMCM_CA_Cert.pemImportant:
If your company uses a customized certificate on the Control Manager server, you must upload the Root CA certificate during the Control Manager registration.
For more information, see Control Manager Certificate Authorization.
- If the IIS web server of Control Manager requires authentication, type the user name and password.
- If you will use a proxy server to connect to the Control Manager server, specify the following proxy
Server FQDN or IPv4/IPv6 address and port
Proxy server authentication user ID and password
- Decide whether to use one-way communication or two-way communication port forwarding, and then specify the IPv4/IPv6 address and port.
- To check whether OfficeScan can
connect to the Control Manager server based on the settings you specified, click
Click Register if a connection was successfully established.
- If the Control Manager server is version 6.0 SP1 or later, a message appears prompting you to use the Control Manager server as the update source for the OfficeScan integrated Smart Protection Server. Click OK to use the Control Manager server as the integrated Smart Protection Server update source or Cancel to continue using the current update source (by default, the ActiveUpdate server).
- If you change any of the settings on this screen after registration, click Update
Settings after changing the settings to notify the Control Manager server
of the changes.
If the Control Manager server is connected to Deep Discovery, the automatic subscription process starts after the registration is complete. For more information, see Suspicious Object List Settings.
- If you no longer want the Control Manager server to manage OfficeScan, click Unregister.