Configuring General Notification Settings
- Go to Administration > Notifications > General Settings.
- Configure email notification settings.
- Specify either an IPv4/IPv6 address or endpoint name in the SMTP server field.
- Specify a port number between 1 and 65535.
- Specify an email address.
If you want to enable ESMTP in the next step, specify a valid email address.
- Optionally enable ESMTP.
- Specify the user name and password for the email address you specified in the From field.
- Choose a method for authenticating the agent to the server:
Login: Login is an older version of the mail user agent. The server and agent both use BASE64 to authenticate the user name and password.
Plain Text: Plain Text is the easiest to use but can also be unsafe because the user name and password are sent as one string and BASE64 encoded before being sent over the Internet.
CRAM-MD5: CRAM-MD5 uses a combination of a challenge-response authentication mechanism and a cryptographic Message Digest 5 algorithm to exchange and authenticate information.
- Configure SNMP Trap notification settings.
- Specify either an IPv4/IPv6 address or endpoint name in the Server IP address field.
- Specify a community name that is difficult to guess.
Due to security concerns, the Community Name displays as a masked value using the asterisk (*) character. The default value assigned is: "public".
- Click Save.