Configuring Scheduled OfficeScan Agent Updates with NAT
The following issues may arise if the local network uses NAT:
OfficeScan agents appear offline on the web console.
The OfficeScan server is not able to successfully notify agents of updates and configuration changes.
Work around these issues by deploying updated components and configuration files from the server to the OfficeScan agent with a scheduled update as described below.
- Before installing the OfficeScan agent on agent computers:
- Configure the agent update schedule in the Schedule-based Update section of Updates > Agents > Automatic Update.
- Grant agents the privilege to enable scheduled update in Agents > Agent Management, click Settings > Privileges and Other Settings > Privileges (tab) > Component Updates.
- If OfficeScan agents already
exist on agent computers:
- Grant agents the privilege to perform "Update Now" in Agents > Agent Management, click Settings > Privileges and Other Settings > Privileges (tab) > Component Updates.
- Instruct users to manually update components on the agent endpoint (by right-clicking the OfficeScan agent icon in the system tray and clicking "Update Now") to obtain the updated configuration settings.