Updating an Isolated OfficeScan Server
This procedure is provided for your reference. If you are able to fulfill all the tasks in this procedure, please ask your support provider for the detailed steps for each task.
- Identify the update source, such as Trend Micro Control
Manager or a random host machine. The update source must have:
A reliable Internet connection so that it can download the latest components from the Trend Micro ActiveUpdate server. Without Internet connection, the only way for the update source to have the latest components is if you obtain the components yourself from Trend Micro and then copy them into the update source.
A functional connection with the OfficeScan server. Configure proxy settings if there is a proxy server between the OfficeScan server and the update source. For details, see Proxy for OfficeScan Server Updates.
Enough disk space for downloaded components
- Point the OfficeScan server to the new update source. For details, see OfficeScan Server Update Sources.
- Identify the components that the server deploys to agents.
For a list of deployable components, see OfficeScan Agent Updates.
One of the ways to determine if a component is being deployed to agents is by going to the Update Summary screen on the web console (Updates > Summary). In this screen, the update rate for a component that is being deployed will always be larger than 0%.
- Determine how often to download the components. Pattern files are updated frequently (some on a daily basis) so it is a good practice to update them regularly. For engines and drivers, you can ask your support provider to notify you of critical updates.
- On the update source:
- Connect to the ActiveUpdate server. The server’s URL depends on your OfficeScan version.
- Download the following items:
The server.ini file. This file contains information about the latest components.
The components you identified in step 3.
- Save the downloaded items to a directory in the update source.
- Run a manual update of the OfficeScan server. For details, see Manually Updating the OfficeScan Server.
- Repeat step 5 to step 6 each time you need to update components.