Installing from the Web Install Page
- Log on to the endpoint using a built-in administrator account.
For Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 platforms, you have to enable the built-in administrator account first. Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 disable the built-in administrator account by default. For more information, refer to the Microsoft support site (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744293%28WS.10%29.aspx).
- If installing to endpoints running
Windows Vista, Server 2008, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2012, 2012R2, or 2016, perform
the following steps:
- Launch Internet Explorer and add the OfficeScan server URL (such as https://<OfficeScan server name>:4343/officescan) to the list of trusted sites. In Windows 7, access the list by going to Tools > Internet Options > Security tab, selecting the Trusted Sites icon, and clicking Sites.
- Modify the Internet Explorer security setting to enable Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls. On Windows 7, go to Tools > Internet Options > Security tab, and click Custom level....
- Open an Internet Explorer window and type the following:
https://<OfficeScan server name>:<port>/officescan
- Click the installer link on the logon page to display the following
Browser-Based Agent Installation (Internet Explorer only): Follow the on-screen instructions based on your operating system.
MSI Agent Installation: Download the 32-bit or 64-bit package depending on your operating system and follow the on-screen instructions.
Allow ActiveX control installation if prompted.
- After the installation completes, the OfficeScan agent icon appears in the Windows system tray.
For a list of icons that display on the system tray, see OfficeScan Agent Icons.