Configuring Ping Settings
Ping settings are a subset of vulnerability scan settings. For details about vulnerability scan settings, see Vulnerability Scan Methods.
- To specify ping settings from Vulnerability Scanner
- Launch TMVS.exe.
- Click Settings.
The Settings screen appears.
- Go to the Ping settings section.
- Select Allow Vulnerability Scanner to ping computers on your network to check their status.
- In the Packet size and Timeout fields, accept or modify the default values.
- Select Detect the type of operating system
using ICMP OS fingerprinting.
If you select this option, Vulnerability Scanner determines if a host machine runs Windows or another operating system. For host machines running Windows, Vulnerability Scanner can identify the version of Windows.
- Click OK.
The Settings screen closes.
- To set the number of computers that Vulnerability Scanner
- Go to <Server installation folder>\PCCSRV\Admin\Utility\TMVS and open TMVS.ini using a text editor such as Notepad.
- Change the value for EchoNum. Specify
a value between 1 and 64.
For example, type EchoNum=60 if you want Vulnerability Scanner to ping 60 computers at the same time.
- Save TMVS.ini.