Installing with Security Compliance
Install OfficeScan agents on computers within the network domains or install the OfficeScan agent to a target endpoint by using its IP address.
Before installing the OfficeScan agent, take note of the following:
- Record the logon credentials for each endpoint. OfficeScan will prompt you to specify the logon credentials during installation.
- The OfficeScan agent
will not be installed on the endpoint if:
The OfficeScan server is installed on the endpoint.
The endpoint runs Windows XP Home, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows 7™ Starter, Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 8 (basic versions), Windows 8.1 (basic versions), and Windows 10 Home. If you have computers running these platforms, choose another installation method. See Deployment Considerations for details.
- If the target endpoint runs Windows
Vista (Business, Enterprise, or Ultimate Edition) Windows 7 (Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate
Edition), Windows 8 (Pro, Enterprise), Windows 8.1 (Pro, Enterprise), Windows 10 (Pro, Education,
Enterprise), or Windows Server 2012 (Standard), perform the following steps on the endpoint:
- Enable a built-in administrator account and set the password for the account.
- Disable the Windows firewall.
- Click Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
- For Domain Profile, Private Profile, and Public Profile, set the firewall state to "Off".
- Open Microsoft Management Console (click Start > Run and type services.msc) and start the Remote Registry service. When installing the OfficeScan agent, use the built-in administrator account and password.
there are Trend Micro or
third-party endpoint security programs installed on the endpoint,
check if OfficeScan can automatically uninstall
the software and replace it with the OfficeScan agent.
For a list of agent security
software that OfficeScan automatically
uninstalls, open the following files in <Server installation folder>\PCCSRV\Admin.
You can open these files using a text editor such as Notepad.
If the software on the target endpoint is not included in the list, manually uninstall it first. Depending on the uninstallation process of the software, the endpoint may or may not need to restart after uninstallation.