Creating an Installation Package Using Agent Packager
- On the OfficeScan server computer, browse to <Server installation folder>\PCCSRV\Admin\Utility\ClientPackager.
- Double-click ClnPack.exe to run the tool.
The Agent Packager console opens.
- Select the type of package you want to create.
Table 1. Agent Package Types
Select Setup to create the package as an executable file. The package installs the OfficeScan agent program with the components currently available on the server. If the target endpoint has an earlier agent version installed, running the executable file upgrades the agent.
Select Update to create a package that contains the components currently available on the server. The package will be created as an executable file. Use this package if there are issues updating components on any agent endpoint.
Select MSI to create a package that conforms to the Microsoft Installer Package format. The package also installs the OfficeScan agent program with the components currently available on the server. If the target endpoint has an earlier agent version installed, running the MSI file upgrades the agent.
- Select the operating system for which you want to create the package. Deploy the package only to endpoints that run the operating system type. Create another package to deploy to another operating system type.
Select the scan method that the agent
For guidelines regarding how to select a scan method, see Scan Method Guidelines for Agent Packages.
Under Domain, select one of the following:
Allow the agent to report its domain automatically: After installing the OfficeScan agent, the agent queries the OfficeScan server database and reports its domain settings to the server.
Any domain in the list: Agent Packager synchronizes with the OfficeScan server and lists the domains currently used in the agent tree.
Under Options, select from the following:
This option creates a package that installs on the agent endpoint in the background, unnoticeable to the agent and without showing an installation status window. Enable this option if you plan to deploy the package remotely to the target endpoint.
Force overwrite with latest version
This option overwrites component versions on the agent with the versions currently available on the server. Enable this option to ensure that components on the server and agent are synchronized.
Disable Prescan (fresh installations only)
If the target endpoint does not have the OfficeScan agent installed, the package first scans the endpoint for security risks before installing the OfficeScan agent. If you are certain that the target endpoint is not infected with security risks, disable prescan.
If prescan is enabled, Setup scans for virus/malware in the most vulnerable areas of the endpoint, which include the following:
Boot area and boot directory (for boot viruses)
Program files folder
- Under Update Agent Capabilities, select which features the Update Agent can deploy.
- Under Components, select the components and features to include in the package.
- Next to Source file, ensure that the location of the
ofcscan.ini file is correct. To modify the path, click
() to browse for the ofcscan.ini
By default, this file is in the <Server installation folder>\PCCSRV folder of the OfficeScan server.
- In Output file, click (), specify where you want to create the OfficeScan agent package, and type the package file name (for example, AgentSetup.exe).
- Click Create.
After Agent Packager creates the package, the message "Package created successfully" appears. Locate the package in the directory that you specified in the previous step.
- Deploy the package.