Installing Data Protection
- Open the OfficeScan web console and click Plug-ins in the main menu.
- On the Plug-in
go to the OfficeScan Data Protection section
and click Download.
The size of the file to be downloaded displays beside the Download button.
Plug-in Manager stores the downloaded file to <Server installation folder>\PCCSRV\Download\Product.Note:
If Plug-in Manager is unable to download the file, it automatically re-downloads after 24 hours. To manually trigger Plug-in Manager to download the file, restart the OfficeScan Plug-in Manager service from the Microsoft Management Console.
- Monitor the download progress.
You can navigate away from the screen during the download.
If you encounter problems downloading the file, check the server update logs on the OfficeScan web console. On the main menu, click Logs > Server Update.
After Plug-in Manager downloads the file, OfficeScan Data Protection displays in a new screen.Note:
If OfficeScan Data Protection does not display, see the reasons and solutions in Troubleshooting Plug-in Manager.
- To install OfficeScan Data Protection
immediately, click Install Now, or to install at a later
time, perform the following:
- Click Install Later.
- Open the Plug-in Manager screen.
- Go to the OfficeScan Data Protection section and click Install.
- Read the license agreement and accept the terms by clicking Agree.
The installation starts.
- Monitor the installation progress. After the installation, the OfficeScan Data Protection version displays.