Agent Tree General Tasks
Below are the general tasks you can perform when the agent tree displays:
- Click the root domain icon () to
select all domains and agents. When you select the root domain icon and then
choose a task above the agent tree, a screen for configuring settings displays.
On the screen, choose from the following general options:
Apply to All Agents: Applies settings to all existing agents and to any new agent added to an existing/future domain. Future domains are domains not yet created at the time you configured the settings.
Apply to Future Domains Only: Applies settings only to agents added to future domains. This option will not apply settings to new agents added to an existing domain.
- To select multiple, adjacent domains or agents:
From the right panel, select the first domain, press and hold the SHIFT key, and then click the last domain or agent in the range.
- To select a range of non-contiguous domains or agents, from the right panel, press and hold the CTRL key and then click the domains or agents that you want to select.
- Search for any agent to manage by specifying the agent name in the Search for
endpoints text box.
A list of results appears in the agent tree. For more search options, click Advanced Search.Note:
IPv6 or IPv4 addresses cannot be specified when searching for specific agents. Use Advanced Search to search by IPv4 or IPv6 address. For details, see Advanced Search Options.
- After selecting a domain, the agent tree table
expands to show the agents belonging to the domain and all the columns
containing relevant information for each agent. To view only a set of related
columns, select an item in the agent tree view.
View all: Shows all columns
Update view: Shows all the components and programs
Antivirus view: Shows antivirus components
Anti-spyware view: Shows anti-spyware components
Data protection view: Shows the status of the Data Protection module on agents
Firewall view: Shows firewall components
Smart protection view: Shows the scan method used by agents (conventional or smart scan) and smart protection components
Update Agent view: Shows information for all Update Agents managed by the OfficeScan server
Off-premises agent view: Shows information for all agents reporting to the Edge Relay Server
- Sort agents based on column information by clicking the column name.
- Refresh the agent tree by clicking the refresh icon ().
- View agent statistics below the agent tree, such as the total number of agents, number of smart scan agents, and number of conventional scan agents.