Defining Agent Grouping Rules by IP Addresses
Create custom agent groups using network IP addresses to sort agents in the OfficeScan agent tree. The feature can help administrators arrange the OfficeScan agent tree structure before the agent registers to the OfficeScan server.
- Go to Agents > Agent Grouping.
- Go to the Agent Grouping section and select Create custom agent groups for existing OfficeScan agents.
- Go to the Automatic Agent Grouping section.
- Click Add and then select IP
A new screen appears.
- Select Enable grouping.
- Specify a name for the grouping.
- Specify one of the following:
A single IPv4 or IPv6 address
An IPv4 address range
An IPv6 prefix and length
If a dual-stack agent’s IPv4 and IPv6 addresses belong to two separate agent groups, the agent will be grouped under the IPv6 group. If IPv6 is disabled on the agent’s host machine, the agent will move to the IPv4 group.
- Select the OfficeScan domain
to which the IP address or IP address ranges maps. If the domain
does not exist, do the following:
- Mouseover anywhere on the agent tree and click the add domain icon.
- Type the domain in the text box provided.
- Click the check mark next to the text box. The new domain is added and is automatically selected.
- Click Save.