Configuring Automatic Agent Grouping
- Go to Agents > Agent Grouping
- Go to the Agent Grouping section and select Create custom agent groups for existing OfficeScan agents.
- Go to the Automatic Agent Grouping section.
- To start creating rules, click Add and
then select either Active Directory or IP
If you selected Active Directory, see the configuration instructions in Defining Agent Grouping Rules by Active Directory Domains.
If you selected IP Address, see the configuration instructions in Defining Agent Grouping Rules by IP Addresses.
- If you created more than one rule, prioritize the rules
by performing these steps:
- Select a rule.
- Click an arrow under the Group Priority column to move the rule up or down the list. The ID number of the rule changes to reflect the new position.
- To use the rules during agent sorting:
- Select the check boxes for the rules that you want to use.
- Enable the rules by switching the Status control to On.
If you do not select the check box for a rule or if you disable a rule, the rule will not be used when sorting agents in the agent tree. For example, if the rule dictates that any agent should move to a new domain, the agent will not move and stays in its current domain.
- Specify a sorting schedule in the Scheduled
Domain Creation section.
- Select Enable scheduled domain creation.
- Specify the schedule under Scheduled Domain Creation.
- Choose from the following options:
Save and Create Domain Now: Choose this option if you specified new domains in Defining Agent Grouping Rules by IP Addresses, step 7 or in Defining Agent Grouping Rules by Active Directory Domains, step 7.
Save: Choose this option if you did not specify new domains or want to create the new domains only when agent sorting runs.
Agent sorting will not start after completing this step.