- Specify the Endpoint Encryption user name and password.
- select Change Password After Login.
- Click Login.
The Change Password window appears. The interface is different for different authentication methods.Figure 1. Changing A Fixed Password Screen
- Provide and confirm the new password, and click Next.
The device boots into Windows.
ColorCode™ is a unique authentication method designed for quick access and easy memorization. Rather than alphanumeric characters or symbols for the password, ColorCode authentication consists of a user-created color sequence (example: red, red, blue, yellow, blue, green).
Creating a ColorCode Password
- Start the endpoint and wait for the Full Disk Encryption preboot to appear.
Follow the instructions to change passwords.
See Changing Passwords.
- Change the authentication method to ColorCode.
Note: For information about changing authentication methods, see Changing Authentication Methods.
The ColorCode Change Password screen appears.Figure 3. ColorCode Change Password Screen
- Select the first color by clicking it using the square to the left. The count increases by one.
- Click additional colors in the sequence.
Tip: Click Back to change the last color clicked, or click Clear to start over.
- After the sequence is complete, confirm the ColorCode password using the square to the right.
- Click Next to finish.