Remote Help allows Group or Enterprise Authenticators to assist Endpoint Encryption users who are locked out and cannot log on to Endpoint Encryption devices after too many unsuccessful log on attempts, or when the period between the last PolicyServer synchronization has been too long.
Remote Help authentication is triggered by Endpoint Encryption device policy rules. Remote Help policy rules are configurable in both PolicyServer MMC and Control Manager.
Using Remote Help to Unlock Full Disk Encryption Devices
- Restarting the Endpoint Encryption device resets the challenge code.
Manually synchronizing policies with PolicyServer also resets the challenge code.
The challenge code and response code are not case sensitive.
- From the Full Disk Encryption preboot, go to .
- Provide the Challenge Code to the Policy/Group Administrator.
- Specify the Response Code provided by the Policy/Group Administrator.
- Click Login.
The Change Password screen appears.Note:
If the account uses domain authentication, the endpoint boots directly into Windows.
- Specify and confirm new password, then click Next.
The device boots into Windows.