Troubleshooting Java Issues
If a message asks you to install Java, try the following suggestions:
- Close all open web browsers, and then reopen Trend Micro SafeSync.
- Install the latest version of Java on your computer. You can get it for free by visiting http://www.java.com/download.
- If you still have trouble after installing Java:
- Open your Web browser and click Internet Options.
- Go to the Advanced tab and scroll down to Java (Sun). Make sure a check mark appears beside the Java applet.
- Close and then reopen your web browser.
- The message requesting for access to your Mac (with regards to SafeSync) may keep appearing if you run version 10.5.8 of Mac OSX. Follow these steps to fix the problem:
- Go to Applications > Utilities > Java Preferences.app.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under Java console, enable Hide console.
- Click Save.